RPET 2012 Eligibility Criteria For Admission
A candidate must ensure that he / she is eligible for admission to various Governments aided and private unaided technical institutions of Rajasthan (except BITS Pilani, MNIT Jaipur and other Deemed and Private Universities) before filling up the RPET-2012 Application Form. If a non-eligible candidate is admitted due to any reason then the admission of such a candidate will be cancelled as soon as the mistake is detected even at later stage. Various eligibility criteria for admission to B.Tech./B.E. course shall be as under:
- The minimum academic qualification for admission to B.Tech./B.E. program in Rajasthan is a pass with atleast 45% marks (40% marks in case of candidates belonging to “SC/ST/OBC (Non creamy layer)/SBC (Non Creamy layer)” of Rajasthan state) in the subjects combination as given below taken together, in the final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) of Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan or any other examination recognized equivalent there to by Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan / Central Board of secondary Education (CBSE).
- Subject combination required in the qualifying examination for admission to B.Tech./B.E. courses shall be as under:
|Compulsory Subjects||Any one of the Optional Subjects|
|Physics & Mathematics||
(1) Chemistry (2) Bio-technology
(3) Computer Science (4) Biology
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination class XII in 2012 will be provisionally permitted to appear in RPET-2012. Such candidates will only be eligible for subsequent counseling and admission, provided they full fill the eligibility criteria as mentioned above. However, all such candidates will have to produce the proof of eligibility as above at the time of submission of the prescribed Option Form, otherwise their candidature will be cancelled.
Age : (rpet 2012)
Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1987 are eligible. However, in the case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e. SC, ST and PH candidates who were born on or after October 01, 1982 are eligible. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education marksheet / certificate only will be taken as authentic.
Medical Fitness :
A candidate desirous of admission to Engineering Colleges will have to deposit the Medical Fitness Certificate at the time of reporting in the allotted institution on the prescribed form certified by a Medical Officer of the Government of Rajasthan or a Registered Medical Practitioner as per medical standards laid down below:
- Height: Not less than 1.5 m for male candidates and not less than 1.4 m for female candidates.
- Weight: Not less than 41 kg. for male candidates and 37 kg for female candidates (Approximately).
- Chest Measurement: Not less than 69 cm with satisfactory limits of expansion and contraction (for male candidates only).
- Heart & Lungs: No abnormality.
- Hernia, Hydrocele, Piles etc.: Presence of any of these will be a temporary disqualification to be rectified before joining the courses of study.
- Vision: Normal. Where defective, it must be corrected to 6/9 in the better eye and 6/12 in the worse eye. Eyes should be free from congenital and other diseases. In case of admission to Mining Engineering courses, the candidates must be free from colour blindness (inability to distinguish between principal colours) also.
- Hearing: Normal. Where defective, it must be corrected.
- Speech: Normal.
The doctor will also have to certify that the candidate is medically fit for engineering profession.
Domicile criteria :
The RPET-2012 is open to the candidates of Rajasthan Domicile only.